Soup Time’s Here!
Discover the Simple Creamy Soup SECRETS That Will Allow You to Make Creamy Soups That Are Actually GOOD For You In No Time!
Winter time is the perfect time for soup! #souptimeshere
My dream is that we ONLY have COMPASSIONATE & EVOLVED Recipes. Making a delicious and CREAMY soup is super easy — if you know a few simple tricks, that is, and if you want — I can teach you too!
Leek and Potato Soup
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 large leeks, rinsed well and chopped (white and green parts)
- 2 cups spinach or other leafy greens, for deeper green color (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 potatoes (about 2 lbs. total), peeled and chopped
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups non-dairy milk or cashew cream (or substitute with vegetable stock/water)
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme (about 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh thyme) or 1 tsp. dried
- fresh ground pepper and salt (if using) to taste
- Preheat a large, non-stick pot over medium heat. Add onions, leeks and garlic, and sauté in 2-3 tablespoons water or broth on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Keep the heat low enough that the garlic doesn’t brown; you just want everything to sweat. Cover the pot to prevent the liquids from evaporating, and stir frequently to time to keep vegetables from sticking to the bottom and burning.
- Add potatoes, thyme and pepper, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes. Purée soup with a hand-held blender or, working in batches, transfer to a standing blender to puree.
- Add non-dairy milk or cashew cream and gently heat, but do not boil. Season to taste. Serve hot. Makes about 6-8 servings.
- Leeks are essential to this soup; there is no replacement for them in this recipe. You can add a little onion, too, but leeks, potatoes, and stock are basically all you need.
- The leek and potato soup is usually pale in color, so for more vibrant color, I like to add two cups of fresh spinach leaves or one cup of frozen spinach to the soup.
- You may blend the soup until very smooth, or leave it slightly chunky.
- I love using cashew cream in my soups. They make soups super creamy, without the added cholesterol. To make cashew cream, blend a handful of raw cashews with a cup of water in a high speed blender until very smooth, and add to the soup.
- The soup can be poured into containers and frozen.
And if you’d like to try some of my other soup recipes, you’ll find them in my book on Amazon:
If you’re wondering what make the soups in this collection different than those you could find in any other recipe book, consider the following:
- Rich, Creamy Soups without Guilt – Low in fat, low in cholesterol (or cholesterol free), low in sodium. I teach you techniques to create super rich and luscious soups that are sure to impress your friends and family, without the added fat and cholesterol. If you are on a diet, there is no need to deny yourself these comforting creamy soups, if you use the ingredients that are healthy and perfect for weight loss.
- Immunity Boosting, Cholesterol-Lowering and Anti-Inflammatory Benefits – These soups are chock full of healthy ingredients, that have been proven to posses immunity-boosting, cholesterol-lowering and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Plant Based– All of the recipes in this book are plant based to help you get more variety of vegetables into your diet.
- Low Fat– These soups are based on water or vegetable broth and do not contain overly fatty ingredients. The only fat comes from the occasional use of almond, cashew or coconut milk to add a little bit of creaminess to some of the blended soup recipes.
- Can Be Made with Vegetable Stock or Just Water -No time to cook homemade stock, and don’t want to spend money on store-bought? I give you easy techniques to make delicious soup with just water.
- No Oil – These soup recipes contain no oils. I’ll show you how to cook without oil and sauté your onions in vegetable broth instead to cut the fat.
- Mostly Gluten Free – The majority of these recipes are gluten free and the few that have pasta or flour you can either omit or switch for a gluten free brown rice pasta or gluten free ingredient of choice.
- Mostly Soy Free– Some people are allergic to soy or choose to avoid it. Some recipes that use soy also provide easy ways to substitute with other ingredients.
- Low In Sodium – Did your doctor tell you to reduce salt in your food to help bring that blood pressure down? I teach you techniques to reduce the amount of salt in your food without compromising on the taste. You can also omit the salt completely or just sprinkle a little bit of salt in your soup at the table.
This new eBook contains over 50 great low fat, low cholesterol, super-healthy comfort soup recipes.
But it contains so much more than recipes!
I’ve included a ton of information on the art of making soups. For example, you will discover:
- How to cook without oil (two ingenious ways)
- A list of spices and ingredients you should keep in your cupboard at all times to make virtually all the soup recipes
- How to cook your own beans from scratch
- The most delicious recipe for homemade vegetable broth!
- My most important tips for making the best vegetable soups, so they turn out great every single time
- What tools you should have in your kitchen, and which ones are completely unnecessary
Here’s a sample of the soup recipes in this amazing collection:
Easy-Peasy Cream of Broccoli Soup
Mixed Vegetable-Bean Soup
Vegetable-Peruvian Quinoa Soup
Butternut Squash-Apple Soup
Butternut Squash-Pear Soup
French Onion Soup
Cream of Celery Root (Celeriac)
Creamy Potato Leek Soup
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Zucchini Garlic Soup
Cream of Asparagus Soup
Cream of Cremini Mushroom Soup
Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
Beet Soup (Borscht)
Clear Beet Soup (Clear Borscht)
Kale and White Bean Stew
Escarole & Lentil Soup
Spinach, Mustard Green & Potato Soup
Lentil and Vegetable Stew with Spinach & Seaweed
Sweet Potato, Coconut & Kale Soup
Vegetable Barley Soup
Lemony Lentil Soup
Thick Sweet Potato & Corn Soup with Leafy Greens
Sweet Potato & Quinoa Soup
Cauliflower, Kale & Bean Soup
Bean, Quinoa & Spinach Soup
Curried Parsnip Soup
Cabbage Tomato Soup
Curried Cauliflower & Yellow Split-Pea Soup
Kale, Bean & Rosemary Soup
Curried Squash & Red Lentil Soup with Cilantro
Curried Lentil Soup with Fennel & Cilantro
Just-Like Chicken Noodle Soup
Old-Fashioned Creamy Tomato Soup
Check it out!
PS. Here is the link again: